Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ch-Ch-ch-changes....

It seems like most things in my life are changing. Perhaps it was time for some of these changes..others just sort of creeped up on me. Imagine if you will....lol sorry I couldn't help throwing a little twilight zone in there. At a time in my life that most people expect me to curl up and die, I have been being led by God to take on some pretty big projects!

I'm no longer working with kids or youth-at least not like I used to. I resigned as youth leader of our church and I don't even think most of the adults noticed. Sad, but true. I still care about the kids and am here for them if they need me, but I'm not teaching them anymore. Now I am involved with the Helping Hands of Fargo ministry. It is a community service organization that includes a clothes closet, emergency food and toiletries, tutoring, music instruction, Bible studies, life skills classes, and referrals to other agencies when needed.  We were just blessed with a building and life is kind of crazy right now trying to get set up. We will be offering a youth Bible study and I'm hoping that someone else will be offering to teach it. I want to spend time with the kids, but am really burnt out on the teaching end of things.

I've also changed churches....yep, you read that right. I had some small issues with how things were going, but had no plans to leave. God had other plans. He took me back to the last place I expected to go. I'm back at a church that I left in 2002. The church has changed in many ways and now has great potential.  It is a struggling little church, but I think God is getting ready to bless it in a really big way! I'm glad I have a front row seat.

Things at home have changed so much too. My kids are growing up so fast and they don't need me like they did. That's good and bad. lol I actually like being needed, but it frees me up to spend more time on the Helping Hands ministry. Zach is an adult now, even if he often doesn't act like it and Ty is pretty self-sufficient. Only the puppy seems to really notice when I'm not home. Of course, he's not really a puppy anymore. He's about to turn two and is the size of a small horse. Don't tell him though, he still thinks he is a lap dog.

The friends that I hang out with are even different friends. We have similar goals and just naturally end up spending a lot of time together.  I do look forward to spending some time with my "old" friends soon. It seems like it has been a really long time.  There really hasn't been time to miss them though. Life has been very busy.

The new year is about to begin and one of the changes that I want to add to it is blogging. I want to start blogging regularly. I go so long between blogs now that they don't really make sense. So there you have it, I guess I just made my one and only New Year's resolution. That's right, I've changed..lol..no I'm going to lose weight this year goal. Embrace your changes and see where God leads you!

No comments:

Post a Comment